QUALITY ENGINEER / SWINDON / COMPETITIVE PAY + BENEFITS
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer, looking for a rewarding new role, with a rapidly expanding organisation, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Torin-Sifan are specialists in the design and manufacture of highly efficient AC and EC Motors, selling over 1 million products each year.
As we continue to expand, we have an exciting new opening for a Quality Engineer to join us.
As the Quality Engineer, you will have personal responsibility for ensuring that raw materials, components, subcontract services, manufacturing processes and finished products conform reliably to specification.
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am – 12.45pm.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Good working hours
- Excellent working environment
- Opportunities for career progression
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer:
- Undertake and become proficient in the inspection of selected purchased raw materials, components and subcontract services using mechanical and CMM measurement techniques. Communicate, control and eliminate non-conformities that you identify by establishing root causes and managing the implementation of corrective actions within the supply chain.
- Undertake and become proficient in creation of ISIR’s for new supplied part and revision changes. Report on these and liaise with the supplier and engineering as necessary.
- Assist with calibration of measurement equipment.
- Establish yourself as an active contributor to manufacturing processes when defects are identified and where possible ensure that corrective actions are implemented in the manufacturing facilities.
- Support and approve new product implementation – sample approval with Engineering.
- Manage our External Tooling database by liaising with Suppliers, Engineering and ensuring this is completed on time.
- Complete returned goods analysis.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in similar Quality Control role
- Personally motivated by a desire to operate in a logical and organised manner.
- Persistent, self-sufficient and intolerant of waste and customer disruption associated with non-conformance
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative and part of a wider Quality Team
If you have the experience and drive to be successful in this brand-new Quality Engineer position, APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.