MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING MANAGER / REDHILL / COMPETITIVE PAY + BENEFITS
Fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join a world leading organisation. You can expect an excellent working environment, leading a dynamic team.
Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud.
We are looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our dynamic team. You will be responsible for Manufacturing Engineering based at our Salfords site near Redhill.
As part of the Senior Operations team, you will manage the Manufacturing Engineers to resolve manufacturing issues and constantly ensure efficient product flow consistent with established industry standards and technologies and introduce new products designed for manufacture.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- Excellent working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager:
- Manage and lead the Manufacturing Engineering team with respect to vision, KPI’s, personal development, team working, holidays etc.
- Lead Manufacturing Engineering to ensure correct design of new systems, equipment and processes for new product introduction, particular focus in Implementation phase of ECO and gated processes.
- Ensure the Manufacturing Engineering function provides support to Operations to reduce Production’s 8 wastes, resolve manufacture problems, plan maintenance and repairs, provide jigs and fixtures and provide the correct level of instructions and procedures.
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in manufacturing
- Collaboration with Rapiscan R&D, Operations and Supply Chain to ensure supplier quality is maintained in respect to the Engineering Change Order process outputs
- “Champion” Continuous Improvement and constantly identify new or improved processes in Production and supporting functions to improve product delivery.
- As part of the Senior Operations team, actively participate in strategy, medium- and short-term planning, and cross functional leadership and management.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of managing Manufacturing Engineers
- 5 years minimum Engineering experience in a product manufacturing; preferably in a low volume, electromechanical, “hi tech”, vacuum environment
- Excellent communication and influencing Skills
- Project Management experience with Lean and or Six Sigma experience.
- Degree or equivalent in a technical or engineering discipline
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental manufacturing processes
- Thorough understanding of problem-solving methods, i.e., 8D and the associated statistical tools used to analyse problems, evaluate, and complete improvement projects.
If you have the skills and experience required to take on this fantastic new Manufacturing Engineering Manager position, we would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.