MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT / STOCKPORT / UP TO £35K, FLEXIBLE HOURS & GREAT BENEFITS
Exciting opportunity for an Accountant to pursue and develop a successful career with a dynamic and vibrant wallpaper company, offering excellent benefits and flexible hours.
Sketch Twenty3 are looking for a Management Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to stock management and budgets, leading a small team and ensuring all deadlines are met.
You should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes. Ultimately, you will provide the director with accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity, and cash flows of the business, whilst ensuring we’re compliant with all regulations.
Selling worldwide, we are a friendly team, working out of a studio within a converted mill on the outskirts of Stockport. We have onsite parking, so you won’t have to worry about rush hour traffic or extortionate parking charges. We operate a 9am – 5pm working day although there may be an expectation for you to work longer hours should the need arise.
What’s on Offer?
- Full / Part time position considered
- £30 – 35K, depending on experience and qualifications (pro rata for part time position)
- Close to M60
- Free onsite parking
- 28 Days holiday (including statutory bank holidays and pro rata for part time position)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, after probationary period
Key Responsibilities of the Management Accountant:
- Assist the director in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts
- Manage the cash flow and financial plans of the business for review with the MD
- Provide financial analysis and reports to the MD in a timely manner
- Prepare costings for new projects as and when required
- Review costings and look at pricing optimisation for all customers
- Prepare monthly management profit and loss accounts for the MD
- Monitor stock levels, place stock orders with suppliers and liaise with them through to delivery
- Prepare draft company accounts for the external accountant
- Have a hands-on approach to work with the support of another accounts team member to manage the overall finances of the company, assist with credit control and maintain accurate financial records
- Work with the office team to ensure the highest possible standards of customer service
- Commercially aware, an analytical thinker and problem solver with a good eye for detail and accuracy
- ACA or ACCA qualified preferred
Skills & Experience required:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management accountant role
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to relate to both customers and colleagues
- Very good organisational and time management skills
- Competent understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Bi, and further financial IT packages
- Sage 50 software experience
- Good attention to detail
- Understanding of Data Protection
If this Management Accountant position sounds like you and you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, simply submit your CV via the button shown.