MACHINERY DESIGN ENGINEER (MECHANICAL BIAS) / MANCHESTER / UP TO £36K PA + BENEFITS
Boxer Design & Manufacturing have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their small, well established, and progressive engineering company.
Founded in 1987 and based on the border of Manchester, we cater to a diverse range of customers based in various industries, both domestically and internationally, and our innovative engineers strive to offer the latest production techniques, providing bespoke metal forming machinery along with full after sales service.
The company has a bright future, and we are looking to recruit a new Mechanical Design Engineer who enjoys the challenge of designing and commissioning bespoke machinery. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress and further their career.
What’s in it for me?
- Salary of £28k – £36k per annum (dependant on experience)
- Benefits package
- Company Pension
- Excellent Career progression
Main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- To assist in the design and manufacture of bespoke automated equipment for the forming of sheet metal products, mainly comprising of rotational machinery, especially Roll forming, but also including hydraulic presses, materials handling systems and other ancillary equipment.
- To assist in commissioning machinery to verify it meets the design objectives or specifications.
- Working closely with the Purchasing and Production departments.
Required experience and skills:
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Mechanical Design Engineer, preferably working with rotational machinery.
- Knowledge and understanding of Mechatronics advantageous.
- A recognised time served apprenticeship. (Preferable)
- Qualified to at least HNC standard.
- Excellent communication.
- To be able to work under own initiative, and as part of a team.
Ready for the challenge?
If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this Mechanical Design Engineer role, then apply today!
You can expect a call very soon to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail.