HEAD OF COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT / SOUTH BERMONDSEY / £60-£65K + PERFORMANCE BONUS
If you are an experienced Business Development professional in Construction/Interiors and you want to make a real contribution to the circular economy, this is your opportunity.
Biohm is an R&D-led company producing new bio-based materials for the built environment. We’ve won a string of prestigious awards which acknowledge the value of our products for a regenerative future and circular economy. These awards have opened numerous doors and brought us to the attention of high-profile companies.
Biohm’s ever-growing range of products and services is underpinned by two core biotechnologies; Mycelium, or the root-structure of fungi, and Orb, or organic refuse biocompound. The company has a strong stream of exciting products in the pipeline and a wide range of opportunities to partner with construction and manufacturing firms to commercialise its products in the UK and overseas. It protects its IP with multiple patents in several countries.
The Head of Commercial Development will be directly responsible for achieving ambitious revenue and profitability targets for Biohm’s current and future products, while maintaining Biohm’s values and the overarching commitment to being regenerative with regard to people, planet and resources.
What’s on Offer?
- Salary of £60-£65,000 depending on experience
- Performance bonus of up to £40,000
- Share options after 4-year vesting period – dependent on impact and value created
- A dedicated and creative organisation of scientists, engineers and business innovators.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Commercial Development:
- Develop and implement market-positioning, pricing and commercialisation strategies for Biohm’s products and services.
- Generate, manage and close a continuous pipeline of direct sales, engaging with a community of buyers from retailers to developers.
- Lead Biohm’s marketing and sales function to deliver the above.
- Develop appropriate corporate relationships that will maximise commercialisation opportunities for our products in the UK and overseas – e.g. manufacturing and distribution partnerships, JVs, licensing etc.
- Negotiate those sales, licensing, franchise and/or partnership agreements for Biohm’s products in conjunction with relevant Directors.
- Support the Directors in building and development of manufacturing, quality control, and scaling of production facilities as appropriate.
The role has no direct reports at present, but this is likely to change over time.
Skills & Experience required:
- Proven experience in revenue generation through multiple means – JVs partnerships and direct sales
- Ability to roll up sleeves and achieve goals in the context of a Start-up/SME, while bringing to bear systems, processes, and organisation-building capability
- Proven experience in the implementation of commercialisation/scaling strategies from start-up to scaled growth company
- Experience in business development/sales in the Construction/property development industry as might be relevant to Biohm’s products
- Experience in building sales and marketing functions to achieve financial targets
- Tertiary qualifications in business, law, construction or other relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in senior B2B commercial roles with large clients
- Exceptional negotiation skills both in high-value, complex deals and straight-forward sales
- Strong ethical stance aligned with Biohm’s p