GRADUATE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER / BICESTER / UP TO £30,000 & GREAT BENEFITS
Amazing new opportunity for a Graduate Software Developer to join a growing tech organisation. Excellent pay, flexible hours and ongoing training and support to ensure you realise your potential!
Alces Flight Ltd designs and develops innovative software for HPC/supercomputer systems across the UK. We are advocates of open-source software and strongly believe in community-driven development. We have a wide customer base in multiple market sectors including academic/research institutions, banking, manufacturing and Formula One.
Due to recent investment, we’re expanding our product ranges into Europe and the US and are looking for a highly motivated Graduate Software Developer to join our development team.
What’s on Offer?
- Excellent pay (£25,000 – £30,000, Dependent on Experience)
- Exposure to challenging projects, cutting-edge technologies, and daily learning opportunities
- Generous group pension scheme
- Small team with a relaxed working environment in a young up-and-coming company
- Training / book allowance
- Flexible working hours – we promote a healthy work/life balance culture
- Friendly social atmosphere
Key Responsibilities of the Graduate Software Developer:
- Research, design and implement new software programs
- Develop and integrate existing software programs and platforms
- Participate in group meetings and make presentations to your peers
- Be exposed to innovative software technologies and methodologies
- Hands on design / implementation and testing
- Take full ownership and responsibility for delivery of your projects
- Help improve the team/company and product processes
- Be exposed to large scale computer systems and supercomputers, as well as emerging technologies such as public and private IaaS
What You’re Good At:
- All things software development
- Working individually as well as part of teams
- Your interests/skills have particular emphasis on open-source software and Linux environments
- Working with others both technical and non-technical
- Solving problems; you understand that most business problems can be solved in numerous ways
The Ideal Graduate Software Developer:
- A demonstrable open-source software background (e.g., GitHub account and projects, etc.)
- Is a fast mover; you have a strong drive to build a career in cutting-edge development
- Has a can-do personality, comfortable with communication at all levels
- Has degree level education
- Has experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Ruby, Python
- Interested in web development using Ruby and client-side technologies
- Has a great attitude towards learning new and developing existing skills
If you have the skills and passion to be successful in this Graduate Software Developer role, we would love to hear from you. APPLY TODAY and we will be in touch to discuss further.