BUYER / ST NEOTS / COMPETITIVE + BENEFITS
If you are an experienced Buyer, looking for an exciting new role with a world leading organisation that puts its people first, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
OSI Systems companies have a long history of developing innovative solutions to bring a better quality of life to the world. Our OSI Electronics (OSIE) division is a diversified manufacturer of electronic devices and value-added manufacturing services.
The successful Buyer will review and analyse purchase requisitions. You will coordinate purchasing activities with relevant departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan & Life assurance
- Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
- Good working environment
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- To manage the Vendor Base to obtain best prices and best lead times
- Create and place purchase orders using the company’s ERP system
- To reduce the Vendor base and to achieve reduced costs through negotiation, increased customer service and better vendor / customer relationships
- Manage Vendor visits when required and when appropriate
- Purchase components for production requirements using the company business information system.
- Expedite all outstanding purchase orders with vendors to ensure deliveries are maintained
- Liaise with customers on problem parts as and when necessary and agree a satisfactory resolution
- Liaise with the Production staff to resolve any materials discrepancies in the workshop
- Raise and obtain authorisation for new vendor account forms
- Ensure components are purchased at the right price and arrive at the right time for production
- Build strong working relationships with Vendors and manage vendors in an appropriate manner
- Carry out Vendor Negotiations to obtain better pricing, lead times and call offs
Skills & Experience Required:
- 3-5 Years’ Buyer experience
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply and a member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) but not essential.
- Experience within an electronics manufacturing purchasing background with proven purchasing and negotiation skills.
- Strong MS Office skills and MRP knowledge.
- Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ready to become part of the team?
Get in touch TODAY. Submit your CV for this new Buyer position and we will be in touch.